Monday, June 15, 2009

GS cookies now a fond memory!!!

So don't hate me if you find out you truly are one of those with a genuine love for and addiction to girlscout cookies but here's how I found out Im not!!!!    For about 3 years now, I have missed the girlscout season and continued to spend quite frankly too many seconds in thought about this travesty.  Well....much to my uncontrollable delight, I found myself grinning at the sight of beautiful green sashes and colorful boxes of GIRL SCOUT Cookies!!!!!   So living by " to thine own self be true" I decided to indulge.  I let my son pick out any box he wanted and was content on any of these lil gems I had missed for years now.  he picked lemonades.  the only flavor new to me.  so I quickly recomposed myself and before i could stop myself said OK. pick another one and we'll get two.....oops.  So here I find myself encouraging my 5 yr old ( who normally eats more brussel sprouts than brownies) to overindulge in these once loved but now nil in comparison to all my new loves ie....Trader Joes, Paradise Bakery, etc... because I cant bring myself to eat them.  What once must have tasted like pure Xanadu, now only tastes like sugar and chemicals........darn the media!!!!  See knowledge can be a bad thing and ruin something you once soo loved!  Be careful what you question!

1 comment: